Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mission Statement

Defined: "A mission statement is a statement of the organization's purpose - what it wants to accomplish in the larger environment." (Marketing: An Introduction for Educaiton Management Corporation pg. 39)

"To create awareness to show that we care by donating time, talent, and most of all LOVE!"

I've always cared about kids, I've always cared about the dangers of cancer.  I didn't know much about either, but after doing research, I've learned that Nevada has a foundation to assist BOTH.  I have lost family members to cancer, I know people who lost family members to cancer, and I know people have fought hard and survived cancer.  It is something we ALL have experienced directly and indirectly.  It is something that bothers people.  The Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation can offer help to families suffering from the hurt and pain this disease brings into people's lives.  This is why I want to do something about it.  Nobody deserves sickness, but it happens, and if you can do something to make someone smile during that sickness, it helps.  It helps to show someone that you care enough to offer your time and able body to just be there for them.  The goal of this talent show is to make other youth aware that people do get sick, but there IS something you can do about it.  This is my purpose, THIS IS MY MISSION....

"Embrace the Life of a Child" (Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation)

No comments:

Post a Comment