Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week 3 EOC: MY Demographics

Generation Y: Milennials
I was born in the year of 1982.  My parents are the baby boomers.  My parents are all about saving, having money set aside for later, and they don't own a computer.  Although my mother has a facebook page and a smartphone, my dad wont go near any of it.  It is said that Generation Y is the generation of technology.  I remember the first time using the internet and my mother gave me this huge speech on how she had to research everything at the library, how there was no internet and that I should be appreciative of the resources that are accessible to me.  I am appreciative, but I'm not sure if its the type of appreciation she wants me to have. You see, I'm used to computers, I usually google any or everything I need information for.  Although i do have a library card, I don't have to go to the library and do research without the use of a computer.  My parents brought a computer for my brothers and I when I was in the 6th grade.  I was born into the information age, when everything was starting to transition into the huge phenomnnon we now know as technology.  My generation also loves to persnalize EVERYTHING.  We want ours to be different from  and stand out.  Although we are into fahsion, I think it's safe to say that we are also rebels of fashion.  We creat our own looks.  We realize that in fashion trends come and go, but most of the time we just want something  different and unique.  We innovate and recreate old things from the past, we spend money to have the latest gadgets and high end fashions.  At the same time, we will go to the goodwill to seek out old vintage fashions.  I believe that we know the value of the old, while at the same time, we are adapting to the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment