Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 9 BOC: What are summer's top hits? Why?

Summer 2012 Top Hits
1) Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jemison
2) Payphone - Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa
3) Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye ft. Kimbra
4) We Are Young - Fun ft. Janelle Monae
5) Starships - Nicki Minaj

All of these songs are relateable over large age ranges and demographics.  They all have really cool beats and are catchy.  I find myself often singing Nicki Minaj's "Starchips" although I don't like the song.  No matter how many times I hear "Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye, I sing along ans snap my fingers.  although the artists have done their job to make their songs stand out, social media plas a role also.  People tweet, instagram, and facebook what they arelisening to and usually if a friend of that perosn has not yet heard the song, they go and listen to it.  Also, itunes tracks the number of downloads ofthese songs.  I can see why each of them are on the top 5 list.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment