Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

On July 4, 2012, I went into a Ross store for a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.  I was in a rush because my husband and I were late to a friend’s barbeque which was about 45 minutes away from our present location.  I went in, got the shorts and shirt, and headed straight to the fitting room.  On my way to the register, I stopped in the hat aisle and picked up a cool hat.  When I got to the register, the cashier was very friendly.  He asked me how my day was, how my holiday was going and if I was satisfied with my choices.  I told him about my day, answering truthfully.  At this point, a woman was on her way out of the store with a shopping cart.  Anyone who has ever been inside of a Ross store knows that the carts are not allowed out of the store.  At this time, the cashier proceeded to tell the woman that he apologizes, but the shopping carts are not allowed out of the store.  The lady immediately got irritated, removed her things from the cart, and left it in the doorway.  At this point the young man was the only person in this area of the store.  He looked a little confused and I could tell that he wanted to remove the shopping cart, but he didn’t want to step away from the register and stop the transaction.  So, I decided that I would remove the cart from the doorway and place it in the appropriate area for him.  When I got back to the register, he proceeded to give me 25% off of my purchase.  He said it was because I responded back to his positivity, and also that I was nice enough to remove that cart for him.  He said that that made his day, so he made MY day!  Customer relationships and value are especially important in today’s tough economic times, when more frugal consumers are cutting back and spending more carefully.”  (pg. 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment